Nonprofit event press releases are designed to help media outlets share information about nonprofit events. When writing a press release for an event, it’s important to focus on the why behind the event and how it helps advance the cause of your nonprofit organization. While this post will give you a template for writing non-profit event press releases, feel free to adapt these guidelines according to your own needs–after all, there are no rules when it comes to writing effective non-profit press releases!
Begin with a brief introduction that summarizes the purpose of the press release events
The first paragraph should be short and to the point. It should be clear, concise and easy to understand. A good introduction has three main purposes:
- It introduces the event by giving context for it in relation to your overall mission or purpose as a nonprofit organization.
- It summarizes key elements about the event (e.g., date, location) that will help readers connect with what is described in more detail later on in this document.
- The introduction explains why you are releasing this information now (vs later), which helps explain why it matters now instead of later or never happening at all!
Create a compelling headline that grabs the reader’s attention and accurately reflects the content of the press release.
Your headline should be clear and concise. It needs to be easy for readers to read, understand and remember what the press release is about. The best way to create an effective headline is by using key words that will grab their attention quickly so they don’t have time to move on from your message before reading it all.
Provide essential details about the event, such as the date, time, location, and theme.
- Date and time: Give the date and time of your event, along with any other relevant details.
- Location: Include information about where the event will take place, including an address or phone number for further inquiries.
- Theme: A detailed explanation of how this particular theme relates to your organization’s mission is always helpful for journalists who want to write about it in their articles or blogs.
- Attendees: List key people who will be attending (or participating) in the virtual event press release so they can get more involved with what you’re doing! You might even want to include some photos if possible!
- Sponsorships: If there’s anything special about this particular campaign or fundraiser—such as having celebrities involved—mention that too! It shows off how much work goes into each project while helping attract potential donors as well as readers’ interest at home interested in learning more about non-profit organizations like yours.”
Use a short paragraph to describe the event in more detail, including what attendees can expect and the goals of the event
A press release is a great opportunity to highlight the nonprofit’s cause or mission. This can be done by explaining how the event supports that cause and encouraging readers to support it too!
If you’re looking for more tips on writing an event press release, check out our guide on How To Write A Press Release That Gets Noticed By The Media.
Highlight any keynote speakers or special guests who will be attending the event.
- Highlight any keynote speakers or special guests who will be attending the event.
- Identify the topic of your event, such as “Fashion Forward,” “Green Living,” or “How to Use Technology in the Classroom.”
- Include information about where it’s being held, such as “The Wynn Las Vegas” or “The Venetian Hotel and Casino.”
- Mention any sponsors of your event (if applicable), including companies that provide services for free in exchange for being mentioned in news releases as well as those who pay for advertising space on materials related to their products and services at events like yours—or even just mention that they’re supporting you by providing money so you can do what you love doing!
Emphasize the nonprofit’s cause or mission, and explain how the event supports that cause.
The press release should highlight the nonprofit’s cause or mission, and explain how the event supports that cause. It can also include any sponsors or partners who are supporting the event and contributing to its mission. Finally, it’s important to acknowledge anyone who has contributed financially or otherwise in support of your cause; this information should be included in a sentence or two at the end of your press release events (or after any other part). If you have permission from these individuals to use their image with their name attached as well as/or mention how much money they contributed toward helping you achieve your goals for this event—then go ahead!
Acknowledge any sponsors or partners who are supporting the event and contributing to the nonprofit’s mission.
Acknowledge any sponsors or partners who are supporting the event and contributing to the nonprofit’s mission. This can be done by mentioning their name, the amount of money donated and/or how they’re helping achieve a goal. For example:
- “The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence is grateful for our generous corporate sponsors who donated $25,000 to help us fund our new program on sexual violence prevention.”
- “The United States Marine Corps Band honored me with an invitation to perform at their inaugural ball as part of its 75th anniversary celebration.
Include contact information for the nonprofit or its representative, such as a phone number or email address, for media inquiries or questions about the event.
Include contact information for the nonprofit or its representative, such as a phone number or email address, for media inquiries or questions about the post event press release. Include the following:
- A phone number where people can reach you during business hours.
- An email address where people can send inquiries about your organization and events to reach you outside of regular business hours.
- A website address if applicable (if not, mention that). If there is no website, include some basic information about who you are and why people should care about your organization’s work—it might be helpful to include an overview of what type of group it is and how they’re helping people (or not). Also consider including social media handles here; this will help spread awareness among potential donors who may be searching those channels before deciding whether or not they want their money going toward supporting your cause!
Encourage readers to attend the event or support the nonprofit’s cause in some way, such as through volunteering or making a donation.
Encourage readers to attend the press release event or support the nonprofit’s cause in some way, such as through volunteering or making a donation.
- Mention how they can get more information about the event.
- Mention how they can donate money to the nonprofit.
- Mention other events that were hosted by this nonprofit and how those events benefited its mission statement.
- Talk about future plans for this organization, such as hosting another fundraising event or inviting important figures in your field of work to speak at an upcoming meeting (if applicable). You could also mention who else is involved with this organization—for example, if you know any board members personally, then mention their names here!
If it’s appropriate for your situation – perhaps because I am writing about a charity-based non-profit rather than an organization focused on a specific industry sector – then feel free add more details about what makes up its unique identity (in terms of mission statement), who runs it
We hope that this post has helped you explore how nonprofit event press release can be a powerful tool for your organization. We’ve provided sample templates and examples of how to create such a release, but we encourage you to use our templates as inspiration for your own work. If you need additional help developing or creating an event press release, consider working with the Event Marketing Institute (EMI). The EMI offers expert resources in all forms of marketing communications: print, digital, social media and more!
Get in Touch!
Website – https://www.pressreleasepower.com
Skype – shalabh.mishra
Telegram – shalabhmishra
Email –[email protected]
Mobile – +919212306116
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!